Jaipur’s pioneer Photographers’ Club turned 7 on July the 9th 2017. The Club was started way back in 2010 as a group of photography enthusiasts in Jaipur.
In a short span of 7 years the club has established itself as one of the pioneer clubs which promotes photography and photographers per se. The club has been conducting regular activities and promoting photography since last 7 years.
As of today the club has more than 500 active members and a social media presence of 25000.
Just a brief of some of the activities conducted by the Club in the last 7 years
The Club has organized 5 Annual Photo Exhibitions displaying more than 150 Photographs in each form across India as well as overseas in the years 2011,2012,2013,2014 & 2016.
The Club is first to introduce Annual Photography Awards titled “JPC Awards”. The awards were introduced in 2015. More than 50 Awards have been given each year in different categories for which the photo competitions were organized. The awards have been given to the persons promoting photography. Awards have also been given to Photo Journalists for their contribution in the field of photography.
The club established “JPC Learning Centre” in the year 2015 with an idea to share photography knowledge and skills with the young and upcoming photographers in Jaipur. Learning Sessions have been conducted once a month at the Learning Centre.
The Club has always been a pioneer in every activity which revolves around photography. To continue this JPC started launching its Annual Desktop Calendar in print since 2015. More than 500 copies of calendars are distributed across India each year.
The Shooting Stars of Jaipur Photographers’ Club
“The club is all set to launch the Coffee Table Books titled “The Shooting Stars” of Jaipur Photographers’ Club 2017,” said Anil Khubani, the founder of the Club.
The Shooting Stars 2017 include 7 photographers from different walks of life told Ramakant Sharda.
The Shooting Stars is a yearlong project where the photographers work on a subject of their choice and work upon it to give it a shape of a Coffee Table Book.
To promote serious photography and photographers JPC’s “The Shooting Stars” Coffee Table Book Concept was launched in the year 2013. 3 “The Shooting Stars” Coffee Table Books have been launched in the year 2014,2015 & 2016 wherein different photographers with different themes participated and completed the project.
This year “The Shooting Stars” of Jaipur Photographers’ Club include:
1. Sumedha Bhattacharyya, a kathak dancer whose book is titled “IMKAAN” and is a story of a dancer from Iran.
2. Ramakant Sharda: An iPhone application publisher and a much-talented photographer of the club has worked on a very creative topic “The Third Dimension”. This is his 3rd Coffee Table Book. The foreword of the book has been written by famous photographer Sudhir Kasliwal.
3. Pratibha Meena & Anuj Medhavi from Delhi have put on a collection of very artistic photographs in the book titled “Daughter”. Both of them are free lance photographers.
4. Himanshu Dandekar, a mechanical engineer by profession, has tried to show the brilliance of Long Exposure Photography in his book titled “T+1”.
5. Durgesh Nandini Bais, principal at Government Women’s Polytechnic has beautifully captured the beauty and the colors of the Sanganer print in her book titled “Colours of Sanganer”. The foreword of the book has been written by Umesh Gogna.
6. Anil Khubani a street & landscape photography lover is bringing out his 4th Coffee Table Book in consecutive four years. His book is titled “Caravan-e-Ladakh”. The Foreword of the book has been written by famous Travel Writer “Dharmendra Kanwar”.
“Our punch line is Jaipur Photographers’ Club: Spreading Smiles Across and we will put in best of our efforts to keep spreading the Smiles!!!” said Anil Khubani.