Jaipur Metro is a rapid transit system in the capital city of Rajasthan, Jaipur. It is constructed on mostly elevated part. The Project started on 13 November 2010 and Phase 1 of the project was completed in 2014. Jaipur Metro began commercial service between Chandpole and Mansarover on 3 June 2015.
The Jaipur Metro Rail System is India’s 6th metro rail system after Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata. It is one of the fastest built metro systems in India.
Jaipur Metro is the 1st metro in India to run on double-story elevated road and metro track.
Facts about Jaipur Metro :
- The estimated cost of the Jaipur Metro Rail Project is Rs 2025 crores.
- Jaipur Metro Rail Project is one of the fastest project implementations in Metro sector that was completed in about four years and a quarter.
- Jaipur Metro project is totally funded by the state government and its agencies, namely, Rajasthan Housing Board, Jaipur Development Authority, Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation Ltd.
- When it comes to planning, Jaipur Metro is sa good example of multi-modal integration, as it is connecting the Railway Station and the Inter-State Bus Terminal; and Metro feeder services are also launched by Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation.
- As an effort to reduce energy consumptiont lead to 30 percent energy saving as procured rolling stock uses regenerative braking system.
- A rain water harvesting system has also been built into the design.
- Free drinking water at all the Metro stations.
- 30 percent of Jaipur Metro’s staff are women including operation and maintenance staff, train operators and station controllers.
- Upto 15% discount has been offered on Smart Cards to encourage their usage.
- Tourist Cards like One-day Tour Card and Three-day Tour Card, have been introduced, which can be used for unlimited number of trips during the days of their validity.
- Latest security equipment’s have been provided at all Metro Stations.
Jaipur Metro extensions :
Metro in Jaipur was planned to be built in extensions. Phase 1A was completed in 2014, Phase 1B and Phase 2 are scheduled for completion in 2018 and 2021.
Phase – 1
Line 1: East-West Corridor – Green Line
Mansarovar to Badi Chaupar.
Length = 12.067 km (2.789 km underground + 9.278 km elevated)
Stations = 11 (3 underground + 8 elevated)
Phase – 2
Line 2: North-South Corridor – Orange Line
Sitapura Industrial Area to AmbaBari.
Length = 23.099 km (5.095 km underground + 18.004 km elevated)
Stations= 22 (5 underground + 17 elevated)
Jaipur Metro Rail Map :
Jaipur Metro : List of Stations
|CORRIDOR-I (North – South Corridor)||First Passenger Train||CORRIDOR-II (East – West Corridor)|
|S. No.||Stations Name||S. No.||Stations Name|
|1||Mansarovar||1||Sitapura Industrial Area|
|2||New Aatish Market||6:29:00||2||Pratap Nagar|
|3||Vivek Vihar||6:33:00||3||Haldi Ghati Gate|
|5||Ram Nagar||6:38:00||5||Laxmi Nagar|
|7||Railway Station||6:46:00||7||Mahaveer Nagar|
|9||Chand Pole||6:53:00||9||Dev Nagar|
|10||Choti Chaupar||10||Tonk Phatak|
|11||Badi Chaupar||11||Gandhi Nagar Mode|
|12||Sawai Mansingh Stadium|
|13||Narayan Singh Circle|
Jaipur Metro Stations : Distance (in Km) of – Phase-I:
|New Atish Market (NAMT)||1.45||0||1.11||1.99||2.73||3.84||5.36||6.62||7.41|
|Vivek Vihar (VKVR)||2.56||1.11||0||0.88||1.63||2.74||4.26||5.51||6.3|
|Shyam Nagar (SMNR)||3.44||1.99||0.88||0||0.75||1.85||3.38||4.63||5.42|
|Ram Nagar (RMNR)||4.19||2.73||1.63||0.75||0||1.11||2.63||3.88||4.67|
|Civil Lines (CLJP)||5.3||3.84||2.74||1.85||1.11||0||1.52||2.77||3.56|
|Railway Station (MRSN)||6.82||5.36||4.26||3.38||2.63||1.52||0||1.25||2.04|
|Sindhi Camp (SICP)||8.07||6.62||5.51||4.63||3.88||2.77||1.25||0||0.79|